Monday, June 14, 2010

By the Sea, By the Sea, By the Beautiful Sea...

How happy I'll be...with seashell pinks.

I tried the new Sally Hansen Tracy Reese "Ring My Shell," but found it too sheer, to blah on the nail, and too frosty. I wish I was a frosty polish lover, but it has to be a pretty special frost to get me excited.

I've got this idea though, that that warm pink of the inside of a conch shell is so beautiful. I've yet to really find a cream that will work, so I worked my own modification through layering.

I took a limited edition Revlon called "Pink Crush" that is on the warm side, and layered it with a no name gold polish, found in a pack at Ross. Ironically, these no names have legs: they last!

(I'm a bit of a Merl Reagle crossword buff, he has the best clues! Makes crosswording fun!)


Photos of the result:

With flash


No flash, indoors

I often wonder who makes these no name polishes, they must subcontract out with someone. I feel that whoever does these, really does a very nice job. I love the way they dry quickly, their finish and their wear. Some are sheer, some aren't. One of my first posts was one of these little polishes. They all tend to be shimmers, but that is fine, I love shimmers. Plus, they can be found at Ross in packs of 3-4, mixed with an nail file. For $3.99, I was going to dump some of them, but find that as I use them, they become a little bit of a pleasant surprise.
The Revlon, well, it's Revlon. That means that even though it's had a day to dry, it gets soft with the application of any other top coat. Quite frustrating, however, I don't have another pink like that, so I keep it in my collection.

Apologies for not having the full finger thang, I wanted to try something different.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D