Saturday, February 20, 2010

Rimmel - Violet Metal

I found this at a nearly empty display of Rimmel polish in my Walgreens.
My two other Rimmels are round bottles, I think this is a new design.
The color is a magenta purple with a heavy dose of blue flash.

I have three coats on for good coverage, otherwise I saw the nail line underneath.

 

It was very purple and dark indoors, and the blue flash really pops outside in the sunshine!
I do have to say, that I have been very hard on this poor polish. Nail wear was merciless. I type in three of my classes all my class notes, on top of that my horse has to live in his stall instead of getting turnout (wet and muddy conditions are causing a case of "scratches" on his left hind fetlock, which is a bacterial issue with the skin), so I am out there every day. It's pretty dirty. I've got to scrub my hands a lot to get them clean, gloves aside. Mud and dirt penetrate.

So I wanted to add a top coat of Pure Ice "Heartbreaker", an aqua colored sheer that really is a great top coat, but feel a little guilty because the tip wear is beyond epic.
Here's a three finger shot.


 

 It really helps bring out the blue in this polish.

Here's an obligatory macro moment!



Hehehehe....you can see the Pure Ice "particles" doing there thing.

Thanks for reading!


p.s. I forgot to mention: this is my first attempt at "clean up", I'll post more later on that. Not bad, but need pure acetone to really be effective.
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D