Thursday, January 28, 2010

Disclosure: I bought it, I shot it

I am sure that by now we are all aware of the need for disclosure in blogging. Conflict of interest affects everything from pharmaceutical publications to movie reviews.

Personally, I follow a number of blogs, they have been my inspiration. Without these dedicated bloggers, a whole HECK of a lot of nail polish companies would have product languishing in the bins at Ross.

I won't comment on review blogs, because, hey, it's their blog.

Here is my disclosure:
  1. I  buy or trade to get polishes. That means that consideration in the form of currency or polish is spent to acquire the polish
  2. I review/chat/discuss/ponder/meditate/ramble upon my own polishes. See 1.
  3. All photos, unless otherwise attributed, are mine. That means I shot them, I edited them and I watermarked them. Under no circumstances are people to use them without my express permission. (I am also familiar w/copyright law, having worked in television media)
  4. I currently do not receive any polishes for free to review or discuss on this blog. If I do, I will post that I've received free polishes or nail products. Heaven knows I am so early on in my journey that it would be a hilarious wonder if I ever got asked to review polish.
  5. I don't accept advertising. a) I don't think I even have any traffic to this site, save one guy whose comment you might see if you browse back a couple of days and b) advertising needs traffic, see a. c) down the pike, sure, I might accept advertising. Right now, not worth the dribbling penny I might get for some oddball ad that shows up that I want nothing to do with. This does not mean that I can't or won't put up banners or ads for groups and organizations that I support. This seems fair and equitable.
I think that about covers it.

I mean, hey, when I set up some decent nails, cuticles, and a good light box? I might put it out there that I will do reviews. When I do, I won't be bashful to say where I got the product from. I am not, though, posturing to be a reviewer, expert, etc. I just have a bunch of polish and I want to post my nails on a blog!

Right now I've got over 700 polishes and about 650 or so untrieds. Now don't get me wrong, I've got a number of backups and dupes. And a whole lot to learn!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D