Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Christmas in July - Maybelline Brocades Part 1

Holiday 2013 collection from Maybelline. I don't know if this was holiday specific, but the collection is evocative of a fancy dress ball, the rustling of beaded silk over satin.

I'm going to say it took a long time to swatch these, but in fact I've had them swatched for ages and just needed to post.

A few things:
  • I've seen these around the web and most posts seem to show 8 polishes. I have ten. I don't see any information on the Maybelline site, but there may be blog info that shows 10 polishes.
  • All are three coats
  • All seem to be textures, to varying degrees.
  • No top coats, and as you will see, a top coat is your friend with these polishes. 


Maybelline has impressed me with their Color Show line, it's got a good sense of right now colors, if it doesn't always punch through the edge like Sally Hansen does on rare occasions with her odd good color, or L'Oreal, which seems to have both eyes on their audience and a third eye backstage at any number of fashion weeks.

Let's get busy!



Maybelline Color Show Amethyst Couture (765)


This one is a dark base of black loaded with deep purple glitter and tiny gold fleck mixed in.

I feel this one is not shown as well as I could have, apologies.  It doesn't have much texture and seems to dry rather waxy, so I think a top coat, here, would have been helpful.

Meanwhile, still a very pretty polish.




Maybelline Color Show Crushed Crimson (775)


A beautiful scarlet red with a gold glitter/glass fleck thrown in. Almost a wine tinged red. Another waxy finish, I believe a top coat would have brought out a bit more sparkle, but it is more demure on the nail than in the bottle, that's for sure.




Maybelline Color Show Beaming Blue (785)


Very pretty periwinkle laced with bright cobalt blue. The glass fleck base shifts to lavender. I think a top coat would have, yet again, infused more of the shimmer with, well, shimmer!




Maybelline Color Show Black N Mirrors (780)


A black glass fleck base loaded with gold and silver glitter. It reminds me of some sort of kitchen counter top or road paving. Not a real favorite of mine, however, it is unique and I can't think of anything very similar.




Maybelline Color Show Silver Swank (770)


Sleigh bells ring, are you listening, in the lane, snow is glistening. I get chills just looking at this beauty.

Gorgeous. A favorite. Silvery gold. Heavenly. Angelic.

Top coat be darned!




As you can see there is quite an array of textures, some more fine, some less so.


Part 2 soon!

Thank you for reading my little nail journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D