Monday, June 21, 2010

A Trio of Hot Pink

I think that they are hard to photograph and I had to use a new technique of resizing and saving the photos to retain a semblance of the original color.

First one was diluted and dulled down, thanks to the "save for the web" feature of Photoshop Elements.

This is an E.L.F. polish I found in a three-pack at Ross. It's called Fluorescent Pink. My camera took a photo and it came out HOT, but then I made a copy for the web, and it turned a lot blander.

In any event. here's E.L.F.'s Fluorescent Pink.




Next is OPI Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot. I have four coats on here and still visible nail line, but it dried beautifully and applied just fine. Fluorescent Pink by E.L.F. is a little less intense. BUT very similar to this color.

Though I will say, this is one gorgeous nail polish! Too bad it has some VNL! Still, can't complain! Gorgeous HOT pink. Bordering on neon.




Last offering is OPI's You're Such a Kabuki Queen.
This is one of those slightly crazy-making colors for those of us who sort our polish out by color.
It's a very dark reddish pink.
Without further ado:

I do love this color. A. Lot. Would I buy it again? YES!
It was four coats as well and some VNL, and a bit of early wear and tear. BUT! I feel the OPI love.
(As you can see, my left hand has shorter nails, it suffered a bunch of breaks, but I don't mind that they are uneven, they grow!)


Sorry about the E.L.F. I really wanted to show that one off. I feel it's a decent alternative if you are looking for that hot pink summer sun action for low cost. Just remember, it's not AS hot as Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot, but it's a very close polish. Now that I've sussed out the photo editing, I am experimenting with things like size, color correction and watermarking.

I don't have a load of OPI, even the etailer's old discount of $5 a bottle was a bit steep for me.  Hot-Hot-Hot, actually, was a cool gift from my sister! I think it looks great on my skin tone. Even though I wear a load of sunblock, my hands get really tanned in the summer.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

6 comments:

  1. those E.L.F. poishs continually surprise me.

    How on earth did I not find your blog before this?

    I am loving all those dollar store Sally Hansen's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thank you!
    I love your blog, the photos are great!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pinks!

    I'm considering reorganizing my stash by color; hope I don't find too many crazy-making ones. :)

    Just found your blog--following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pinks. I have the ELF one and haven't tried it yet.
    I don't know if you have entered my giveaway but I'm only 22 followers from drawing the winner if you are interested in entering. :)
    http://susies1955.blogspot.com/2010/06/please-enter-my-giveaway-o.html
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. THanks! I'm sorry I didn't follow sooner! I love your nails, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D