Thursday, August 17, 2017

Summer Melllows

It's the waning days of the truly hot weather here and although the change to mellowing heat and cool nights is heartily welcome, the small town sights of kids biking home from the pool, sunlicked anglers home from sport, and the pervasive scent of barbecue on a Saturday evening are less frequent.

I know that I love this time of year. It is, truly, the best time to try something new. Not too hot to try a bike ride, not too cold to try a hike in the mountains, and sun lingers long enough to enjoy the evenings and you see the baby quail learning the ropes of navigating the neighborhood.

While everyone is rushing into autumn collections, I'm lingering a little more in summer here in the blog.


Maybelline Bamboo Yellow


A very old Dollar Tree find. I think it is my favorite yellow. But I love the pale yellows quite a bit. 

Three-not-so-free stinky, it's the old Express Finish line that was purged long before I got into polish and holds its own, still.

Three coats, no top coat. Vaguely sheer, so next time I might don a nude base to make it a little better for coverage. 

I love the soft frost finish, it's less of a distraction since the polish is light.

I think it might be floating around eBay and that sort of thing, it's long since discontinued.




China Glaze Midnight Kiss


Three coats, no top coat.

Bright yellow gold foil. The first coat is sheer enough to know it won't translate into a stamping polish, but I do admit that on the nail it's my kind of foil: summery, bright, grabs the light, and grabs attention.

This is an oldie I picked up fairly recently, it's from their 2010 holiday collection. China Glaze has been a strong traditionalist with regard to holiday collections. They've done a lot of great ones, and bent some expectations, too. I suggest checking out 8ty8 or Nailsupply for a vast catalogue of holiday shades. Fun browsing time! ;)


Thanks so much for reading my little nail polish journal!

I appreciate it! 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D