Thursday, September 22, 2016

When You Reach September

The days grow short, but oh so mellow.

Ok, enough mixing lyrics of old standards.

Here is a great little polish from an older Essence Collection, Return to Paradise. It's from 2010 or 11 and pretty old, but I've had this little gem in my collection for a long time and wanted to share it.


Essence Back to Paradise


This is perhaps my new favorite green: dark as a vamp (here in the sun) but not blackened to the degree that "it might as well be just black nail polish" and yet, indoors it will go pretty deep.

Not able to find this online for sale, but it is not dissimilar to the new Essie Off Tropic. I will get a comparison done fairly soon. I found Off Tropic because the Essence is just not around unless I stumble onto a blog sale.

I think polishes like Nars Zulu and other deep greens are beautiful, but this is a deep pine green that pushes a little teal in the bottle, but on the nail stays beautiful pine green.

Good luck if you find it.

Formula is not a perfect one: it's rather thick, but coverage is pretty nice, it could be a two coater. Though I think if I were to reapply any time soon, I'd thin a bit, something I didn't do this time!

Have a wonderful autumn!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh this is one lovely color! Now you've got me wondering if I have something similar in my collection...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D