Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Black Shimmer Part 1

Black shimmers are pretty rare, but they are pretty neat.

I've got a few in my collection that have been in need of swatching for awhile now.

First, a few things...I will start with the more fine shimmers and build into the larger glass fleck ones.

All are pretty much three coats unless otherwise indicated. No top coat, as usual.


Zoya Raven


Pretty little soft silvery frost overlays this very deep black polish.

Fairly rough application, I won't argue, but as a general rule it was pretty easy to use. 

Raven is available still at the Zoya site. 


Zoya Anais


This one, blogged before, is shot through with a gold shimmer.  It was part of a Zoya Mystery Trio that was pretty much universally panned because it was packed with neutrals. Looking back, neutrals are so "in" now it's crazy.

This one will show a lot of gold at certain angles, which I find interesting. Like a blackened silver in a lot of ways.

The nearest relative would Zoya Claudine. 


Sally Hansen Voodoo


This is black with a black shimmer, but it's so dark and hard to see. I love it.

I have nothing like it. It's pretty and I'm not doing it justice.

Can be found easily on eBay.



L'Oreal Black Patent Silver


Another black with a silver shimmer. I don't think I get the name, but I do like that it's got some pop against the light.

I don't know if there is one around eBay, I can't find one, but you never know when it will show up.


Part two soon!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D