Saturday, November 28, 2015

Shimmer and Sparkle

First up is China Glaze C-C-Courage, part of their Wizard of Oz collection. I bought the re-release, but only this one. I'm not a big fan of shimmer and glitter together, but this does work.


China Glaze C-C-Courage


This is a combination of lamp/flash.

Two coats, no top coat, this shows the bumpy texture of a glitter polish, this predates the texture trend.

I like the color. I will say the flash washes it out a bit, but don't kid yourself, this is a bit frosty looking because of all the silver glitter, and there is a lot of micro glitter thrown into the mix, too. It's got some oomph.

Found this on Trans Design, now Nail Supply, in the day. Never swatched, not sure why! In the bottle there is a pink shift, but nothing showed up on my nail at all. Still available on NailSupplies, and elsewhere.



Maybelline Purple Comet


Two coats again, no top coat.

A very pale grayed out purple. Lovely polish because it has that sheer metallic feel to it. I have a plum version of this, too.

The brush was digging into it as I applied the second coat, so I skipped the second coat on my pinkie.

Found at the Dollar Tree years ago and finally blogged. I thinned it, but it could use more. At least the brush wasn't in a state of decay. Some of the old chemistry doesn't jibe with a lot of the polymers used to make brushes, so it's a bummer when the brush does give up the ghost.

Unpurple, and more of a gray than anything. I know it is sheer, but the brush was digging into the polish on the second coat (see my ring finger above my watermark) and I just wanted it all to end.

This usually shows up on eBay, but right now it isn't. You never know.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. I had that China Glaze in my cart for awhile so this inspired me to pull the trigger!

    I thought Purple Comet swatched okay, I will have to try it over some grey purple taupe creme!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D