Wednesday, September 2, 2015

China Glaze Tronica - Rebooted with Spectraflair Pt 2

Welcome back to part 2 of the China Glaze Tronica reboot with Spectraflair.

Here is a link back to part 1.

A few things:
  • All are two coats.
  • All are over a matte.
  • There is some dragging here and there, but not too bad.
  • No top coat.
  • Adding spectraflair was limited to volume available in the bottle. (very little)
  • Success was mixed and as I used these, I will add more holo, but in truth, they need sunshine. Reblog? I'm not sure.
I used Spectraflair 35.

Important: I am comparing before my monkeying around with the original formula.

Left to right:
  • Original
  • W/Spectraflair
  • Original
  • W/Spectraflair

Let's hit it!


China Glaze Laser Lime


This one had some serious payoff. Turned this one from a dud to a full on win. I can't wait to add more Spectraflair to the others.
I love this soft lime, but it was a little sheer and kind of blah without the holo.




China Glaze 3D Fantasy


Another one that at least doesn't feel like "what DID I actually do?"
There is a bit more of a flame instead of a scattered holo.
Lovely soft red, too. Red holos are always a favorite of mine.




China Glaze Digital Dawn


A beautiful warm terra cotta rose that turns slightly more pink on the nail.
This really just shows that there is now more silvery holo in the bottle, but vaguely showing some holographic effect.  Eep.




China Glaze Gamer Glam


Already a win, this indigo is a head turner. The extra holo shows up better. By the time I was here I was adding holo more generously as well as running out of bottle space because I had to use thinner.




China Glaze Hyper Haute


Gorgeous magenta pink. I am seriously in love with these shades. The holo difference is evident and I feel the win (whew! Finally!!)




China Glaze High Def


From a generic holo, this soft cornflower pulls more intensely scattered than before. 
Wishing I could catch its beauty a bit better, but in a nutshell, it looks gorgeous!




Won't say this set has been completely rejuvenated, but, as work in progress, it feels like it's going to work out, but it will take time.

I found some of these on eBay, but none on the etailers I'm familiar with carry it any more.

I will be honest here, though, my photos just don't do the upgrade justice. I will reblog these eventually, using sunlight.

If you want a good comparison to the OMG and Kaleidoscope collections by China Glaze, check out this post by Fashion Polish, it's quite excellent. You can really see just how flippin' stingy China Glaze was with holographic pigment in this collection.


Thank you for reading my little nail polish journal!


4 comments:

  1. I love that pink magenta one. I super love the color and holo effect. This is something worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it makes it a top fave in this collection.

      If you did buy this collection, doctoring it up helps a lot.

      I would imagine that if you didn't, then there are a multitude of better options.

      Thanks!
      :D

      Delete
  2. Such a fun and interesting experiment!! I loved these posts. I've bought select colors from all these China Glaze holo collections. Paid silly amounts, I won't even say how much. Same for a lot of those OPI DS holos...now I am like...why did I do that!?! So many other holo choices...I just wanted to have the classics. :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I've done the same, too. Now I just try to "make it work" ;D

      Delete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D