Friday, July 3, 2015

Christmas in July - Maybelline Brocades Part 2

Thanks for coming back for part 2 of the Maybelline brocades. These are from Holiday 2013 and are all textures.

All are three coats, no top coat, varying degrees of textures.

Onward!



Maybelline Color Show Gilded Rose (760)


This is a favorite. Gold glass fleck shot through with lavender glitter.  It also iridesces purple and pink and has such a lovely quality that it is hard to describe.

This is quite lovely, love it a lot.

Reminds me of 18th century silk brocade. Magnificent.




Maybelline Color Show Embellished Blues (755)


Beautiful navy with a blurple glitter dowsed in a gilded glass fleck. More of the bubbly texture than the glitter texture.
I think it would be a battle to smooth out with a top coat. Ironically one of the few that is of this kind of texture that is shiny. Such a mixed bag.




Maybelline Color Show Ruby Refined (795)


Another win. Bright ruby red with a lot of gold. This feels like a beaded fabric: lush, luxe.

Do you feel Tudor magnificence of a Hans Holbein painting in this polish? I certainly do. 




Maybelline Color Show Emerald Elegance (790)


Gorgeous green on green. Love it a ton! It is, honestly, what I wanted in a lot of holiday glitter polishes: coverage, Christmas-y, and in your face. :D




Maybelline Color Show Lavish Lilac (750)


Possibly the most favorite of mine. Just stunningly understated. Goes from a soft cool gold to a more yellow gold, then the lavender glitter shows some that is more reddish purple and some that is more blue purple.
The dreamy feel of a Fragonard garden. Oooh. Aaaah.



This is a collection with a lot of wins and some less than thrilling polishes, but as a whole, it is quite beautiful. Many things for my different tastes.


Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D