Monday, June 29, 2015

Four Foamy Toppers

Hey folks: blog sale is full of stuff!! Thanks!!

Four toppers that fall under "sheer, but not sheer enough" or "too sheer and won't really build" that are over a pretty medium blue.

The base is Borghese Capriccio Blue, which I blogged here. It was in their Rapid Dry line, however the Borghese website shows zero nail polish at all, so I think it's gone the way of the Dodo. I believe that you can find the brand on eBay and various places that sell job lotted kind of stuff. I'd suggest, however, that if you want a similar blue, you could easily find something akin to it in the SinfulColors or Sally Hansen or maybe WetnWild or NYC collections. I picked it as a fairly medium shade that would be light enough to not battle with the elements in these polishes that don't do well over deep shades.

Three coats of the Borghese and two coats of the toppers. Oh, no top coat.

Let's go!



Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Tulle Kit 


You can see that it brings out the blue glass fleck dancing around in the light. This seems to not require as much light and it's a real win. Found this at Rite Aid last year and am so glad I did.
This one does work well over darker shades, but seems to thrive on medium bases.

Tulle Kit is still on eBay if no longer at Rite Aid. I've never seen a CSM show up at the Dollar Tree, but you never know! 




Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Dive Deeper


I thought I had blogged this in the past, but I don't seem to be able to find it. Hmmm.

In the meantime, here is a soft sky blue that does cover the Borghese and yet derives a lot of it's backbone from it at the same time. I've tried to this polish over many things and this turns the corner for me. 

From the 2010 Sally Hansen collaboration with Tracy Reese. This is also shortly after they converted their bottles from the sleek, stylish square Salon bottles into these rather bulbous ones. It was interesting.

This is often shown over nothing and it just seems to fade without something beneath it. This is the something it needed.




Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Sea and Be Seen


Another from the Tracy Reese collection of the same year, 2010. In retrospect, I should have also grabbed Ring My Shell and Lagoon. Argh!!

This has been blogged before here, and it's very nice as a topper over deeper colors, but to show off its own beauty, I thought a lighter shade would help.



Princessa Tan Gerine


I took this one with a flash, and it corrected it enough to see that the Borghese brought out the lavender undertone. Blogged before here but in need of another outing.
Good luck finding this one, but it's finally showing not just blue, but that purple tinge that is so pretty.



Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D