Friday, June 26, 2015

China Glaze Rain Storm Revamped

I've blogged China Glaze Rain Storm here and here.

 About two months ago I went to use it again and found it was dried out, I mean completely. I had not tightened the cap and it was toast.

So I thinned it with some thinner, and wore it over a weird Dollar Tree find called Pro10 that has no name:


This is only 2 coats. Nice!! I have been doing a process of evaporating polishes down and re-adding thinner. It's been a mixed success: many have done well, a couple are pretty much toast.

This, though, was a win. I love this color and I love wearing it without duking it out with the sheerness.
Not that it isn't a great sandwich making supply!!

I put it over a dense polish called Pro10:


Found this back in 2009 or 2010. It's a two coater, loaded with pink shimmer in a dusty lavender creme base. Almost a secret shimmer, but not too shy about it.
The first ingredient is toluene and dibutyl phthalate is not far down the list, so I bunged it outside and took the cap off. It evaporated out and I re-thinned.
This polish has never been a true self-leveler, but the color is pretty great.

Both polishes still have a big 3 smell about them, but I've diminished my exposure by evaporating as much as I could away. I think it helps me enjoy the polishes a bit better.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D