Sunday, February 8, 2015

Forest Floor Layering

Normally I do my swatches/manicures in the evening so I don't get sunshine. Somehow planets aligned and I was able to get some of that winter sunshine for my photos!

Yay!!

I layered L.A. Girl Uninhibited over Maybelline Bronze Beam. I also wanted to add a bit of a shimmer feel, so I took Sally Hansen's Baroque Frost to finish it.

Results:


The green sheen is from SH Baroque Frost.


Two layers of Maybelline Bronze Beam, two coats of L.A. Girl Uninhibited, one coat of SH Baroque Frost.

No top coat.

SH Baroque Frost reminds me of blooming lichen here in the PNW. It just has that PNW forest-y vibe. Wet from a recent rain, fungi growing everywhere, ferns and moss. Not a snow filled visage that people normally think of forest in the winter. 

A temperate rainforest is full of dark mysteries that are beautiful in their own right, but at most times they are subtle and you have to peer closely to see things like lichen blooming in spring, it's not a field of tulips, but it's gorgeous.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D