Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Vamp Of It All

Word of advice to those just beginning their polish collecting: beware of vamps getting out of control!

Fundamentally I have too many and that is because in the bottle they look like an actual color, but on the nail, they vanish into blackness. So, in essence, I have a ton of blackish polishes.

Handy? Not so much.

I have mixed feelings because I'm not seeing them as a super au currant look, but they are still classic enough to not be too dated. 

I was rearranging a drawer of dark reds and wanted to wear L'oreal's Breaking Curfew, which I do like mainly because of the formula, and found Essie Berry Hard sitting kind of close. So I thought I'd test out how close they actually are.


Three coats and pretty much the same. 

I did a fourth coat on my index with Breaking Curfew and on my pinkie with Berry Hard.

I'd say Breaking Curfew is a bit darker, Berry Hard holds the red shade. This is, though, under a pretty bright Verilux color corrected lamp. 

Thie only thing I'd add on this is that both were a bit sloppy and so I had some flooding in the cuticles which immediately stained. GAH!!!!

I've relegated a back up of Breaking Curfew and Berry Hard into the purge pile - or the "use for stamping and water marbling pile.

Here are the bottles:


I purchase L'Oreal Breaking Curfew long before they bought Essie, though only a year or two, now that I think back, but I don't think they are some kind of kin, just vamps that look alike.

Here, I finalized the manicure of L'Oreal Breaking Curfew with a coat of Sally Hansen Mist You.


Three coats of L'Oreal Breaking Curfew and a coat of SH Mist You. 

For some reason I have three bottles. I think because they were in a two-pack with something else. One day I'll franken these into something, because the shimmer on this is out of this world.

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D