Monday, September 8, 2014

Foils Rush In - Part 3

Thanks for coming back!

I'm finishing up the Color Club Foiled collection with some comps and a treat!

First a couple back links:

Part 1

Part 2



First some comps:
- All are three coats
- All are without top coat.


Color Club Antiquated and Diamond Cosmetics Party Hearty





If you missed Diamond Cosmetics Party Hearty, CC's Antiquated will make you happy.


Three coats each. Party Hearty is a tad bit darker and somewhat more nude, but
Left to right:

  • Antiquated
  • Party Hearty
  • Antiquated
  • Party Hearty


I love both, metallic nudes are pretty much a hallmark of the late 00's and are a classic today. Very nice.




Color Club Lumin-Ice-ent and China Glaze Blue Island Ice Tea



I remember wanting the entire China Glaze Bahama Blues collection, but never picked it up. Finally found Blue Island Ice Tea, one day I'll pick up the rest, but for now I like this one a lot.


Left to right:

  • Blue Island Ice Tea
  • Lumin-Ice-ent
  • Blue Island Ice Tea
  • Lumin-Ice-ent

BIIT is a bit more blue and more of a glass fleck foil than the metallic of Lumin-Ice-ent.
I do find Blue Island Ice Tea a bit more sheer.
I believe that it's better with a base coat beneath it. I recently blogged it with a base coat here.

I love both, but I am partial to the Color Club in this case.



Diamond Cosmetics Sparkling Sherry and Color Club Hot Like Lava


These are very similar, but not dupes. I am glad it's similar, because I love Sparkling Sherry and it's good to have a backup!


Left to right:

  • Hot Like Lava
  • Sparkling Sherry
  • Hot Like Lava
  • Sparkling Sherry

I like them both, however, Sparkling Sherry is a deeper hue. Again, if you missed this baby by DC, Hot Like Lava isn't a bad substitute.




Color Club Foiled Me Once and OPI Star-ring the Rockets


Not really at all similar, but both are foils and both are pink, but that is where the similarity ends.



Left to right:

  • Star-ring the Rockets
  • Foil Me Once
  • Star-ring the Rockets
  • Foil Me Once

Star-ring the Rockets is more of a neutral pink, leaning almost coral in this comparison, where Foiled Me Once is more like a lavender.

Love both, no muss, no fuss.



Here is the treat!

Marbles with the Foiled collection!


This is over a bright blue, which is peeping out here and there.
It's Cold Metal, Perfect Mol-Ten, and Lumin-Ice-ent.

Feels like a mermaid mani!



This one is made from Hot Like Lava, Foiled Me Once, and Antiquated.
I can't recall the base, unfortunately!

Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

2 comments:

  1. Nice comparisons! It's been a while since I tried marbling--I need to make some time for that again soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D