Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lowering the Bar

Dive Bar.

A place that is so nasty that it's supposed to be cool.

Apparently.

When this polish came out I was on it like a flea on a lazy hound.

It has, in the bottle, a gorgeous green, aqua, and purple shift.


This is under lamps, so I think it's kind of a let down for me. Which is a real bummer because in my frenzy to make sure I didn't miss it, I sure did buy a back up bottle, which was probably unwise.

I think, to its credit, under sunlight, it should be quite the fabulous polish, but sun has been unavailable.

It reminds me of a Sally Hansen duochrome, perhaps Rainbow Presents, but without the green/amber shift.

The formula, however, does have a greatness about it: easy to work with, dries easily and wears nicely. My nails are now always under a bit of duress with handling things and so I am really seeing what polishes hold up against it.

I originally pulled this out thinking it might be similar to OPI Glacier Bay Blues, but it's nothing like it. At all.

A little dark, and perhaps a little less wow than I'd hoped, but Essie's formula is always a win.

Thanks for reading my llittle nail polish journal!

4 comments:

  1. I guess I should be glad I hadn't picked this one up yet. It was on my wish list, but instead I'm just disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think there are a number of duochromes that are just much more fabo.
    Perhaps in the sunshine it will redeem itself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually just finally bought this one on the weekend and was disappointed as well. I did a quick swatch on a nail wheel and was surprised by the black base. I haven't done a comparison yet but it seemed to be really close to NOPI's Too Rich For You. Such a bummer this one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know you have a point!
    I noticed that it is the similar animal, though w/a shift.

    Here is the NOPI Too Rich For You and SinfulColors' dupe:
    http://paillettepolishjournal.blogspot.com/2012/02/dupe-alert-sc-see-you-soon-and-nopi-too.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D