Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Fix...

...is in.

 I confess that I went crazy when I saw the Essie Art of Spring collection.

Hooooooweeeeeee!! Artistic references!!!! Lavender!!!! Subtle corals I can add to my collection!!!! Cool Box!!!!! Daaaaance!!!

 Weeeeelll...so far three of the polishes are just about as dull as dust and my love affair is over.

Am I fickle? No.
Do I love Essie's application? I still have a warm spot for ya, hon!
Am I sprinting out for the summer collection? Let's just say I found "Froggy" green at Diamond Cosmetics and it suits my need for a tropical green. This whoooole "rare" "htf" "vhtf" "discontinued" hype seems to stir the pot and next thing you know eBay scalpers are selling polishes for $100 a bottle, like we are in some sort of bubble market. (though I confess I have a few that I covet and have paid some rich prices by nail polish standard, let's just say I've got a $27 polish cooling her heels in my stash, I'm not an innocent, I just don't like the faux hype)
So.
Madam Essie can cool her heels until she gets a better bunch of ideas. I can see why she's selling out to L'oreal.

I tried the famously frustrating T'art Deco (yes, I know I am spelling it wrong, but I just like it better this way)

 So what to do with T'art Deco?
Three coats here, dried well, and I can't complain too much about the application, though some people say it's thick, I guess I'm used to nursing the old Sally's and Maybellines. You can see some visible nail line here, too. To me, though is that it's darker on my nail than in the bottle. Hmmm. Huh?
It goes from soft canteloupe to a darker color that is nearly orange. Like a creamsicle with anemia.


So I cracked out a little army of top coats:
Revlon Glimmer Gloss in Banana Blaze, WetnWild Rock Solid Pretty in Pink (very strong apricot/orange with diamonds, supposedly, and loads of flash), and Revlon Glimmer Gloss Apricot Freeze.

To work, soldiers!





Now, that's a simmering, deep, shimmer. It took it deeper, and a bit juicier. My kind of cooking! I can't see wearing it any other way!

Sorry Miss Essie! I had to modify that polish, it was in need of "go big or go home," for sure!!!


Thanks for reading my little nail polish journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D