Friday, January 29, 2010

Sally Hansen Cognac Creme - More Dollah Tree Goodness!

A Dollar Tree find.

At first I was sure this would be a blah, brick, reddish, orange polish.
Not. at. all!




It's a gorgeous deep warm crimson with some pinkish, magenta undertone.

I want to say some berry snuck in there and that is what makes this polish pop.

This is a jelly. And a jelly glows. I am learning!



It also took a good 4-5 coats to really get coverage. I used the Sally Hansen nylon fibre base coat, it is white, so it lets the color really come through without my stained nails affecting the color.





Also: thin coats! At first I thought I wouldn't get any coverage at all, but it built nicely!

Top coat: Maybelline clear polish "Vinyl Shine" (I like it a lot because it doesn't cause the polish to shrink!)

I moisturized a LOT prior to the manicure, then afterwords I added some  cuticle oil. I really think this helped with the polish remover of the previous nail polish, a huge difference! Of course cuticle oil can not be discounted!!

These photos were taken with a color corrected lamp.

The only problem: it just took forever to dry properly. I had to use umpteen drying drops, and even then: sheet marks!
I tried to correct these with the Maybelline Vinyl Shine top coat (it's from the DT, too, it really doesn't cause shrinkage, and I love it!), which helped a bit, but in the end I wasn't able to get enough repair to get good daylight shots.

I did get one finger that wasn't mussed up some how.
This shows natural daylight:



Well, that's all for now!

I really love that color and need to figure out how to dry the polish better.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Please email me at paillette.a.nail.journal@gmail.com to add your blog to my blogroll instead of posting your blog here!
Thank you!
Did I mention I love comments?
:D